debugging gstreamer

Loren Rogers loren.rogers at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 06:52:50 PDT 2011

Hi Chuck,
This is Loren.  I'm not sure what you are saying here.  Are you trying
to turn on logging at a certain level?  If so then you need to set the
logging level the same spot as gst_init().  With vgo's stuff this is
done (or at least used to be done) in IMX27VideoEngine.cpp.  Am I
missing the boat here?
/Loren

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Chuck Crisler <ccrisler at vgocom.com> wrote:
> I am new to gstreamer development and trying to upgrade an existing
> implementation on an embedded linux system to a newer version. The problem
> that I am facing is that we put the plugins into a non-standard directory
> and gstreamer can't seem to find them. This is the same directory as our
> current system that works well. I have briefly looked into the gstreamer
> code and there is a rich logging system implemented that should help me find
> my error. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. I have been looking at
> gstinfo.h and set the GST_LEVEL_DEFAULT to GST_LEVEL_LOG, I have verified
> that the DISABLE_DEBUG and DISABLE_GST_DEBUG at not set. The only part of
> the logging that I don't understand is the component part, so that may be
> what is blocking me. Would someone please give me some guidance in getting
> this to work?
>
> Thank you,
> Chuck Crisler

"Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that
never were and say why not?" - GBS