communication between multiple gstreamer pipeline/apps

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 05:15:17 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-03-26 at 10:43 +0100, timothe jahan wrote:

Hi,

> Thank you for the fast answer, however I have the impression that
> there is a misunderstanding.
> The command that fails is the server one, meaning :
> gst-launch filesrc location=./testfile.ogg ! tcpserversink port=1234

Ah, sorry, you're right. Should've been obvious from the error message,
but I just saw 'not-negotiated' and started going after the usual
suspects, completely missing the 'gstmultifdsink.c(2506):
gst_multi_fd_sink_render (): /pipeline0/tcpserversink0: Received first
buffer without caps set' bit.

So tcpserversink wants caps set on buffers fed to it. Generally the
easiest way to do that would be to put a typefind element after filesrc.

In this case, however, you probably want to use an oggparse element
after filesrc. This should not only put proper caps with stream headers
on the buffers, but also set timestamps on buffers (in case you want to
throttle sending the data).

Cheers
 -Tim