Convert MP4 to MPEG2-TS

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 23:19:50 PDT 2011

If you are facing such issues then try with less number of plugins in your
pipeline ( for example first try to transcode into file which has only
video), this would give you a fair idea about what is going wrong. And use
-v option with gst-launch to get information about caps.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Ashwini Sharma <ak.ashwini at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to convert a MP4 to MPEG2-TS file.
> I am using the following pipe to do so.
>
> gst-launch filesrc location=/home/ashwini/streams/ishq.mp4 ! decodebin
> name=dec ! queue ! ffenc_mpeg2video quantizer=4 gop-size=1 ! mpegtsmux
> name=mux ! filesink location=myfile.ts dec. ! queue ! audioconvert !
> ffenc_aac ! mux.
>
> But I get the error
>
> ERROR: from element
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:dec/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0: GStreamer
> encountered a general stream error.
> Additional debug info:
> qtdemux.c(3051): gst_qtdemux_loop ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:dec/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
> streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated
>
> When I play the MP4 file, i am able to do successfully.
>
> Can anybody help with what I should be doing?
>
> -Ashwini

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht