gstrtpbin current bandwidth and latency

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 09:59:29 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 20:41 -0500, Myles Megyesi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to find the bandwidth and latency of a gstrtpbin
> stream? On the
> server side I need to find the outgoing bandwidth and on the client
> side I
> need to find the incoming bandwidth. I also need to find the latency
> (time
> delay) on the client side. Thanks.

I guess you mean the latency added by the jitterbuffer in rtpbin? It's
controlled by a property on rtpbin.

AS for the bandwidth and other stats, you can get them from the "stats"
property of the rtpsource object that you can get from the rtpsession
object with something like:

GObject *rtpsession, *rtpsource;
GstStructure *stats;
g_signal_emit_by_name(rtpbin, "get-internal-session", sessionid,
&rtpsession);
g_signal_emit_by_name(rtpsession, "get-source-by-ssrc, ssrc,
&rtpsource);
g_object_get(rtpsource, "stats", &stats, NULL);

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk