How can I reuse directshow components in Gstreamer (windows)

sreekanth R sreecanthr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 00:37:05 PDT 2011

I  am developing a new media playback application for Digital cinema.
While checking the multimedia framework options, I am pretty impressed with
GStreamer and would like to use it.

BUT, we already have developed some directshow filters, which we do not
intend to throw away or refactor for now. The directshow filters involve
in-house developed(with source code) and also purchased(without source
code).

*Question:* *How can I reuse these components even though I switch from
Directshow to Gstreamer? Ideas and pointers will be much appreciated.*