Webcam streaming problem

Matias Hernandez Arellano msdark at archlinux.cl
Thu Mar 31 14:20:40 PDT 2011

Hi ... im trying to stream my webcam using OpenCV and gstreamer (with appsrc)... for this, first i test using the command line with this:

    gst-launch v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc ! rtptheorapay ! udpsink host=localhost port=5000 sync=false -v

Then i try to see the streaming using this command line:

    gst-launch udpsrc port=5000 caps="video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)I420, framerate=(fraction)30/1, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, interlaced=(boolean)false" ! rtptheoradepay ! theoradec ! ximagesink

But i get an error: could not link udpsrc0 to rtptheoradepay0 and could not link udpsrc0 to rtptheoradepay0

then i try to use vlc to see what i get from webcam using rtp://@localhost:5000 but nothing happend ...

what i'm do wrong???

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10  with gstreamer and plugins compiled from git repositorie...

Thanks in advance!!

Matías Hernandez Arellano
Ingeniero de Software/Proyectos en VisionLabs S.A
CDA Archlinux-CL
www.msdark.archlinux.cl