create a video with tag on each jpeg

Thiago Sousa Santos thiago.sousa.santos at collabora.co.uk
Thu May 5 09:34:47 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 18:13 +0200, Mailing List SVR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to record a live video (mjpeg) and add a tag on each jpeg
> image, I'm trying a pipeline like this:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 -e -t http://192.168.2.17/moxa-cgi/mjpeg.cgi !
> jpegparse ! taginject tags="comment=\"test image\"" ! jifmux ! avimux !
> filesink location=/tmp/test.avi
>
> this give the following output:
>
> mpostazione della pipeline a PAUSED ...
> La pipeline è in PREROLLING ...
> TAG TROVATO    : trovato dall'elemento "taginject0".
>         commento: test image
> La pipeline è in PREROLLED ...
> Impostazione della pipeline a PLAYING ...
> New clock: GstSystemClock
>

> and when I play the generated file only a tag is generated and it is on
> avidemux and not on the jpeg images:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 -t filesrc location=/tmp/test.avi ! avidemux ! jpegdec !
> xvimagesink
> Impostazione della pipeline a PAUSED ...
> La pipeline è in PREROLLING ...
> TAG TROVATO    : trovato dall'elemento "avidemux0".
>      codec video: Motion JPEG
> TAG TROVATO    : trovato dall'elemento "avidemux0".
>         commento: test image
> formato contenitore: AVI
> La pipeline è in PREROLLED ...
> Impostazione della pipeline a PLAYING ...
>
> any hints?

Here's some tips on debugging it:

Drop avimux from the recording pipeline and use multifilesink to save
each image to a different file, then check if the individual jpegs have
the tag.

Also, try adding jpegparse on the playback pipeline and check if it
finds those tags, not sure of the tag reading capabilities of jpegdec.

Good luck :)

--
Thiago