can we use a gst plugin alone without using the pipeline ?

Noe Nieto [http://percepcionunitaria.org]] tzicatl at gmail.com
Thu May 19 08:35:40 PDT 2011

2011/5/19 kilian stein <stein.kilian at gmail.com>

> Thank you, i think it will do the job :) ! Did you find anytutorial about
> it ?

Hi.

I'm using appsink for some experiments with the Python bindings.

http://noenieto.com/blog/mixing-gstreamer-and-gunicorn

Take a look and see if something there works for you.
Cheers.

> 2011/5/19 Michael Joachimiak <mjoachimiak at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi,
>> I am not pro in gstreamer, but the closest solution that comes to my mind
>> is to use appsrc ! decoder ! appsink
>> So you need to have a pipeline but you provide data from your software and
>> you get decoded stream back to your software.
>> I am working now on appsrc solution for my program.
>>
>> 2011/5/19 kilian stein <stein.kilian at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm new to gstreamer and i wonder if it's possible with gstreamer :
>>>
>>> (1) to put a buffer in a plugin (in a decoder/filter for example)
>>> (2) lunch the decode/filter process (only process one plugin)
>>> (3) and grab the out buffer
>>>
>>> The question is, is it possible to use a plugin alone without using the
>>> pipeline ?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Kilian

>> --
>> Your Sincerely
>> Michal Joachimiak

*Noe Nieto
Estudiante de Psicología Holokinética*

Diplomados, noticias, libros, artículos,
audios y videos gratuitos :   *percepcionunitaria.org*