Multiple Camera sources with dshowvideosrc

Dan Farmer dfarmernv at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:12:52 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using the OSSBuild 10.6 release on windows and trying to implement
camera capture to appsinks for 3 cameras. So in principle I would like
to have something like:

cam0 -> decodebin2 -> ffmpegcolorspace -> appsink0
cam1 -> decodebin2 -> ffmpegcolorspace -> appsink1
etc.

I haven't been able to get this to work (I do have it working for one
camera), and Googling has suggested that the issue is that
dshowvideosrc doesn't support DirectShow crossbar filter (at least
circa 2010). Can anyone provide some insight into how I might
accomplish this? The email where I read that mentioned that someone
named Albert Costa had implemented support in OSSbuild 10.4's
dshowvideosrc does anyone know if that code has been released in the
interim?

Thanks for any tips you can provide,
Dan