error: ‘gst_x_overlay_set_window_handle’ was not declared in this scope

Phong Cao phngcv at gmail.com
Fri May 20 22:09:04 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

I am trying to write a small media player using GTK+ and GStreamer and
currently using the XOverlay Interface to embed the video in a GtkDrawing
Area INSIDE the mainwindow.

The program was compiled using this command:
*g++ /home/phongcao/cacao.cc -o /home/phongcao/cacao `pkg-config --cflags
--libs gtk+-2.0 gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10
gstreamer-interfaces-0.10` *

However, after compiling the program, I got this error:
*/home/phongcao/cacao.cc:61: error: ‘gst_x_overlay_set_window_handle’ was
not declared in this scope *

I wonder if this is GStreamer's error or my fault when writing this
program. *I have attached the source code of the program with this message.
If possible I hope you guys can check the code out and tell me the errors,
since I am pretty new to GStreamer and not sure how to use the XOverlay
Interface correctly.*

Thank you for helping me with this problem! I have spent almost 3 days
scratching over my head for this.
Please tell me if you need any additional information... Thank you!!