Associate GtkScale with gst_element_seek()?

Phong Cao phngcv at gmail.com
Sat May 21 14:22:45 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding tracking position in GStreamer. Here is the
interface of my media player:

 [image: MediaPlayer.png]

I am trying to implement a new function to this software that allows me to
move to different location in the file stream by moving the INDICATOR along
the HORIZONTAL SCALE. BTW, I also have a question that needs to be answered.

Therefore, I just wonder what GStreamer functions should I use to achieve
this? Is that gst_element_seek()? I have read the online documentation of
GStreamer but still unable to find out the purpose of gst_element_seek() and
how to use it in my situation.

Thank you for answering my question! I hope you have a good day!

Best regards,

Phong Cao,
phngcv at gmail.com