interfacing with gstreamer

mattes effemm at mykmk.com
Thu May 26 09:55:12 PDT 2011

I am new to gstreamer. I did some reading and it looks really interesting.

I have a custom app, that captures and massages video frames
and already stores it in shared memory.

Ran across 'shmsrc/shmsink' interface. If my understanding is correct,
'shmsrc' would allow to feed frames directly into gstreamer.
something like:

  gst-launch shmsrc socket-path=mxapp !
    video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

What do I need to do on my end to feed the 'shmsrc' interface?
I looked at sys/shm/gstshmsrc.c, though for newbies that's the tough angle
to start with.

Is there any sample code available, that shows how to feed the shmsrc
interface?

What other interfaces does gstreamer provide?

mattes