Audio Video Mixer Application

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue May 31 04:34:12 PDT 2011

Am 31.05.2011 06:57, schrieb vineeth:

> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:21 PM, bhavna <bhavna.yadav at st.com
> <mailto:bhavna.yadav at st.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Guys,
>
>     Help needed on GStreamer. I don't have much info of it.
>     Actually my objective is to find/build the application to satisfy the
>     scenario as following
>
>                            Audio-->)v4l2)
>                            |               |
>     video played===>HDMI==> |               |
>     from Settop     Rx      |               |
>     box                     |               |=====> MIX and store the data e
>                            |               |
>                            Video-->RGB Data
>

>     Is there any gstreamer application availble which can mix Audio data coming
>     from SPDIF pins of HDMI and raw RGB data from HDMI Video pins.
>     HDMI Rx will be supporting V4L2 framework.
>

> A v4l2 video component is available in gstreamer.
> As for spdif / hdmi stuff,  you will have to write the gstreamer plugins;
> You can see the list available plugins here :
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugins.html

alsasrc can record from spdif and as Bhavna wrote v4l2src will support hdmi capture.

Bhana, you will need to write a small application (using python if you want). It
will be something like:
alsasrc ! audio-encoder ! muxer name=m ! filesink v4l2src ! video-encoder ! m.

You should consider encodebin as then in becomes:
alsasrc ! encodebin name=e ! filesink v4l2src ! e.

Stefan