udpsink

Kapil Agrawal kapil.agl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 01:47:17 PDT 2011

I think you should be getting a error/warning message on bus, if the
disconnection takes place.
So you should be handling this in your bus call back ?

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Ivan Zoli <ivan.z at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am streaming an h.264 video from an embedded system to PC.
>
> The pipeline is something like (I miss some properties to be more concise):
>
> gst-launch v4lsrc ! my_h264enc ! queue ! h264parse ! rtph264pay ! \
>    udpsink port=5334 ip=192.168.20.1 ts-offset=0 sync=false async=true
> max-lateness=1000000000
>
> The connection is made using an RNDIS driver (Ethernet over USB).
> All if fine, but if the cable is disconnected before killing the pipeline,
> I have a lock in executing
>
> gst_element_set_state(my_pipe, GST_STATE_NULL);
>
> I have no return from this function, unless I connect back USB cable.
>
> I'd like to avoid this block, because I can recognize that user
> has disconnect the USB cable so I'd like to destroy the
> pipeline, in a better way than kill the application.
>
> Thank you
>
> Ivan

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kapilagrawal
www.mediamagictechnologies.com
(Consultancy - Multimedia, Gstreamer, ffmpeg, Streaming for platforms-
linux, windows, TI, android)