lack of ffdec_mpeg4 documentation.

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 16:37:02 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 21:21 -0200, Rossana Guerra wrote:

> Hi everyone, I finally could run a simple .avi file, after
> googling/debuggin I conclude that this the decoder my avi file needs.

gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=file:///path/to/foo.avi

should play your file or tell you what you need (well, in git anyway;
you can also pass -m to gst-launch and then look for missing-plugin
messages on the bus).

>  I couldn't find any information about it, like properties, signals,
> etc. I appreciate any link or reading. Thanks

gst-inspect-0.10 ffdec_mpeg4

should show you the properties and signals that are not part of
GstElement and GstObject. Not that you should need to configure decoders
much usually.

Cheers
 -Tim