Seeking of Subtitle along with video

Kirrthana kirrthana_m at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 01:16:51 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I’m using gstreamer to develop a video player with subtitle enabled. I’m using playbin2 with suburi set. I have a requirement to seek the video at the beginning and start playback. And I found that video is playing from the new position after seek, but the subtitle starts from the beginning and it hangs. I’m sending a seek event to seek the video, but I’m not sending any event for text . Do I need to do something to seek the subtitle file as well or that will be taken care internally.

Please Let me know if I’m missing something.

Thanks & Regards,
Kirrthana