Playbin2 and autoplug-* signals

mick_coracin mick.coracin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 02:01:47 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how to "help" the Playbin2 autoplugger to select
some prefered elements (custom decoders etc...) without only relying on the
RANKING.

It seems that there are some signals to do that (autoplug-factories,
autoplug-select, autoplug-continue, autoplug-sort) to allow an application
to give indications to an autoplugger about what to do.

I have a Playbin2 based application, and I can receive the autoplug-sort,
but not the 3 other ones.

So I was wondering if there is any filter in Playbin2 that prevents an
application to receive those signals?

Thanks and regards,
Michael