Insert audio into the middle of a file

Xabier Rodriguez Calvar xrcalvar at igalia.com
Sun Nov 13 08:34:44 PST 2011

O Dom, 13-11-2011 ás 13:28 +0100, Philipp Wagner escribiu:
> I'm developing a software which needs to insert (recorded) audio in
> the
> middle of a Speex-encoded file in the default OGG container. How could
> do that? I know that with filesink I can append to a file, but is
> there
> some way not to append but to insert and/or overwrite at a certain
> time
> (e.g. at the current playback position, record and insert new audio).
> The whole thing is going to be a dictation software, that's why this
> feature is needed.
>
> Any pointers how that could be done?

I think you are looking for Gstreamer Editing Services [1]. Have a look
at the documentation. Basically, I think you need to create a timeline
with an audio track and add a layer with the three file sources. Then
create a timeline pipeline, set it to render and set it to playing until
it finishes.

[1]
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-editing-services/html/index.html

--