Compile QtGstreamer on windows: 'libxml/parser.h', : No such file or directory

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:51:13 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Mailing List SVR
<lists at svrinformatica.it> wrote:
> -----
> Copying gen.cpp to the build directory
> Compilazione in corso...
> gen.cpp
> C:\ossbuild\Build\Windows\Win32\Release\include\gstreamer-0.10\gst/gstconfig.h(1
> 31) : fatal error C1083: Impossibile aprire il file inclusione
> 'libxml/parser.h'
> : No such file or directory
> bufferlist.cpp
> C:\ossbuild\Build\Windows\Win32\Release\include\gstreamer-0.10\gst/gstconfig.h(1
> 31) : fatal error C1083: Impossibile aprire il file inclusione
> 'libxml/parser.h'
> : No such file or directory
> taglist.cpp
> C:\ossbuild\Build\Windows\Win32\Release\include\gstreamer-0.10\gst/gstconfig.h(1
> 31) : fatal error C1083: Impossibile aprire il file inclusione
> 'libxml/parser.h'
> : No such file or directory
>
> the libxml include files are in the following directory:
>
> C:\ossbuild\Shared\Build\Windows\Win32\include\libxml2\libxml
>
> I tryed to add "C:\ossbuild\Shared\Build\Windows\Win32\include\libxml2" to
> both INCLUDE env var and to CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH with no success,
>
> any hints?

You must be using some old version of GStreamer, or at least an old
version of gstconfig.h (I think ossbuild mixes them up a bit, not sure
why). QtGStreamer makes no use of the deprecated XML APIs of GStreamer
and is compiled with -DGST_DISABLE_XML -DGST_DISABLE_LOADSAVE, which
effectively turn off the inclusion of libxml headers and remove this
extra dependency on libxml. The relevant section in gst/gstconfig.h,
in recent versions of GStreamer reads:

    198 #ifndef GST_DISABLE_XML
    199 #ifndef GST_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
    200 # include <libxml/parser.h>
    201 #endif
    202 #else
    203   /* FIXME: 0.11 (replace by GST_DISABLE_XML) */
    204 # define GST_DISABLE_LOADSAVE_REGISTRY
    205 #endif

So, make sure your copy of GStreamer and/or gstconfig.h is up-to-date
and try again.