Regarding gstreamer api for accepting data buffer as argument

Sree Gowri sreegowris at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 20:44:19 PST 2011

Hi,

I am developing a live audio streaming application using the gstreamer
API’s. I have tried with the following API’s of
gstreamer,[gst_element_factory_make()] which accepts file as the argument.
But require gstreamer API which accepts byte* buffer as an argument as we
are managing the connections in a different layer and my
streaming-application will receive the live audio streaming buffer
periodically from other components.

I could have missed something as I am new to gstreamer and exploring this
great library. Your help in this regard is highly appreciated, waiting for
your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Gowri