How to split a mkv(AVC+AAC) file to pure video and audio files by using gst-launch?

Raymond18 yhung124 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 03:55:58 PST 2011

To "Mailing List SVR" & "Deepika",

After using gst-launch-0.10 to generate a from_matro.h264 file,
I use the "mediainfo" tool to verify that file, it should show the format of
file.

And VLC player also can play the h264 file that I extract from original mkv
file by using "mkvextract" of mkvtoolnix-4.5.0-1 tool.
Or I use following command to verify it and it works.
# gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=./test_track1_jpn.h264 ! h264parse !
ffdec_h264 ! autovideosink

Or.....Can anyone tell me what container does the following file use?
---------------------------------------
$ mediainfo test_track1_jpn.h264
General
Complete name : test_track1_jpn.h264