What is the best practice to create a bin's pipeline?

mick_coracin mick.coracin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 23:50:25 PST 2011

No one to help on this? Let me give some more details on the options I think
I have to do this, and please let me know what you would recommend.

1) Ideally, I would like to know about the user's selected option when the
gst_plugin_init function is called.
But I don't know if it is possible at that time.

2) Send a message from the Bin to the application (GST_MESSAGE_ELEMENT), so
that the application is then able to call a g_object_set() to set a
property. (Then I hope that I'll be able to modify the created bin's
pipeline dynamically to do what I want).
Question: Is it possible to send a message from a Bin? In my case, the Bus
is NULL so the post message fails. I don't know if it is normal or if my bin
is wrongly initialized...?

3) Send a signal from the Bin to the application when the bin is created, so
that the application can call g_object_set().

4) Any other recommended way??

It would help a lot if you can give your advises on this.

Thanks and regards,
Michael