how to import a live buffer into gstreamer?

Thiago Sousa Santos thiago.sousa.santos at collabora.com
Tue Nov 29 19:35:22 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 13:00 -0800, Nathan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to streaming a compressed video into networks.
>
> The data coming from non-gst h264encoder and I donot want to change my
> existing codes a lot.
>
> So I just keep memcpying compressed data from the output of encode and load
> them into fakesrc and create a thread in my codes to run the gst-pipeline.
>
> So far, I have not successfully done it.

What error do you get?

> Anyone can suggest any easier approach?
>
> If I just want to keep feeding data into sink pad of a gst-pipeline, which
> kind of elements is more suitable to do achieve this?
>

> I try to use gstpushsrc, however didnot find any useful example.

Take a look at appsrc, from gst-plugins-base:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-appsrc.html

You put the appsrc as a source of your pipeline and link your remaining
elements as usual, set the pipeline to playing and feed appsrc with your
data inside GstBuffers.

> Regards,
>

> Jun
>
> --