qtdemux/avidemux for h264 decode.

Deepesh Bhargava deepesh.gstreamer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 00:02:12 PDT 2011

Hi

My decoder-plugin accepts h264 elementary bitstream for decode. I have two
files with h264 streams stored in .mp4 and .avi format.
So, I use qtdemux and avidemux respectively to demux these files before
feeding data to the decoder.

It appears that output of the above demuxers is not an elementary bitstream.

1) Could you suggest how can I extract elementary bitstream out of
avidemux/qtdemux?
2) What changes do i need to make to my decoder plugin to make it work with
the above demuxers.
3) I see that the demuxers provide some data 'codec-data' as out of band.
How to interpret this data for both avidemux and qtdemux.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Deepesh