Trouble removing a sink from a playing pipeline

Tal Liron tliron at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 6 14:53:38 PDT 2011

On 01/-10/-28163 01:59 PM, Victor Manuel Jáquez Leal wrote:
> If you have to set to NULL state your element before it is unlinked
> from the pipeline, I guess you have a buggy element.
>
> Check out this document:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/docs/design/part-block.txt
Thanks, I am aware of that document, but it's not the issue -- my
problem is removing the element, not unlinking it. Here is the error
message:

    GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
    Trying to dispose element branch1, but it is in PLAYING (locked)
    instead of the NULL state.
    You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
    dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.
    This problem may also be caused by a refcounting bug in the
    application or some element.

The elements I use are all standard GStreamer, nothing custom.