Appsink freezing my pipeline

Paul Stuart Paul_Stuart at seektech.com
Fri Oct 7 11:35:41 PDT 2011

Hi,
 I have a pipeline (defined in code) that looks roughly like:

v4l2src---queue--tee--display

                  --queue--appsink

So, basically tee'ing off the stream after the video source to split it between the display and the appsink.

I have set appsink to drop buffers after the maximum number of queued buffers is met.

If I replace appsink with fakesink, my pipeline runs fine, but when I use appsink, I get a frame through to the display and then the whole thing freezes.

Would one expect this to work? Maybe I am missing some fundamental understanding of tee's and appsink.

Thanks,
Paul