How do handle EOS in this case?

kevin kelly go4save at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:00:17 PDT 2011

Hello, there,

I just wrote a personal decoder element. The situation is like this way:

I am using filesrc to read a file and at the end of the file, the decoder
element will receive a EOS event.
and then the program will hang there since there is no data coming.

but when I use following command line:

gst-launch filesrc location=my_personal_file ! some_other_filter ! fakesink
dump=1

I will get such prints on the screen when filesrc reading at the end of
file:

Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ened after 7198734556 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline....

How should I handle EOS event in my decoder element to get the same result
as I use fakesink element? I want the pipeline automatically switch to
PAUSED/READY/NULL, then quit the program.

thank you so much for your input.