D-Link DCS-930L

Hoyt, David hoyt6 at llnl.gov
Mon Oct 10 19:47:50 PDT 2011

The two modes should have nothing to do with it. I think the camera manufacturer only provides those 2 because IE doesn't support playing back motion jpeg directly in the browser. So it provides an active-x control for watching the video. As for the colors being off, that could be due to colorspace conversions and/or the h2.64 encoding with x264enc. Look around for documentation on those elements and how to tweak them for what you want. If you want essentially a lossless file type (that is, with zero colorspace conversions and zero additional bit manipulation beyond what the camera is streaming the video out on), just stick a filesink on the end. e.g.:

gst-launch souphttpsrc location=http://guest:@96.57.244.98/videostream.cgi num-buffers=1000 ! filesink location=dcs.mjpg

To play it back, do something like:

gst-launch filesrc location=dcs.mjpg ! multipartdemux ! jpegdec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=10/1 ! autovideosink

I just tried both those and everything looked like it worked correctly.