Audio and video synchronisation

Andreas Rödig a.roedig at null821.de
Tue Oct 11 00:05:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

i have checked playbin2 pipeline. And this is the result:

gst-launch filesrc location=/home/roedig/Videos/StarTrek.mov ! typefind
! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! fluvadec ! fluvasink
demux.audio_00 ! fluaacdec ! queue ! pulsesink

It works and it is synchron. But i need some harddisk buffer like this
(with queue2 after filesrc):

gst-launch filesrc location=/home/roedig/Videos/StarTrek.mov ! queue2 !
typefind ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! fluvadec ! fluvasink
demux.audio_00 ! fluaacdec ! queue ! pulsesink

Then i see video but i can hear audio only the first one or two seconds.
Then i try this (with queue after demux.video_00):

gst-launch filesrc location=/home/roedig/Videos/StarTrek.mov ! queue2 !
typefind ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! queue ! fluvadec !
fluvasink demux.audio_00 ! fluaacdec ! queue ! pulsesink

Now i can hear sound and see video. But video starts after sound with a
delay at 2 seconds.

Andreas