Using playbin2 causes high CPU load on embedded system

Icarus Alive icarus.alive at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 12:11:47 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 6:56 PM, M. Amirul Syahmi
<amirulsyahmi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try to play it using Hardware accleration

That might help, assuming your system has HW-acceleration. Also, I've
found that some non-gst based apps (e.g. vlc) plays a media
file/stream lot more smoothly than a gst pipeline, without
HW-acceleration. Tested in a Virtualbox setup with HW acceleration
disabled in guestOS.