Using playbin2 causes high CPU load on embedded system

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 00:33:30 PDT 2011

Hi,

  Could you profile *where* the extra cpu usage is being consumed ? This
much overhead (2 times) is unusual.

  You can use "valgrind --tool=callgrind" for example (with
synchronization disabled on the sinks so as to not have the pipeline
have QoS kick in).

  Also, what audio/video sinks are being selected by playbin2 ? (you can
see it with gst-launch-0.10 -v playbin2 ....).

  What does your 'non-playbin' pipeline look like ?

  Finally ... the VM might also be introducing some side effects