SRTP support

Icarus Alive icarus.alive at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:54:41 PDT 2011

2011/10/14 Olivier Crête <olivier.crete at collabora.com>:
> On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 02:21 +0530, Icarus Alive wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Icarus Alive <icarus.alive at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> into
>> somewhere.
>> >
>> > Salud Olivier,
>> >
>> > Really glad to hear about the progress made. Shall look forward to
>> the publish.
>> > Initially a tar-ball may be good, but google-code or github would be
>> swell.
>> > Could you share a bit of heads-up on the additional libs that are
>> used
>> > for the SRTP implementation ?
>> >

>> Just curious, if there is any progress ?
>
> The GStreamer bit is mostly done, although I'm not certain of the API
> and of the choice of libsrtp as a base...
>
> http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/tester/gst-plugins-bad.git/log/?h=srtp-fixes

This is really good news.

I am yet to pull the code from your repo, and being quite noob with
git, wondering if these changes are on 0.10.x branch, or 0.11.x ?
Also, could you share your concerns regarding the choice of libsrtp as
the base ? Is your worry about the license (BSD), or it's
quality/functionality/performance etc. ?

Also, regarding API, wondering if you could share the concerns ?
Although, I am not very familiar with GST code, some discussion on the
list might help.

Thank you for your work on this.

regards,
Icarus.