gst-launch graph data to programmatic "C" pipeline

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Oct 14 00:18:53 PDT 2011

On 10/14/2011 05:30 AM, Icarus Alive wrote:
> Is there any material (s.a. examples, tutorial) of how to convert the
> pipeline graph-data (or the graph image created from .dot file), or
> say just the "gst-launch" pipeline command-line, into the equivalent
> "C" pipeline application program, which I can then compile into a
> standalone application ?

Just read the api docs. There are just a handful of major calls

element = gst_element_factory_make (factory_name, NULL);
gst_bin_add (parent, element);
gst_element_link (element1, element2);

There are a few variations of the above methods. Also have a look at the
examples in each modules under tests/examples.

Stefan