playbin2 connected to

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Oct 14 00:24:20 PDT 2011

On 10/14/2011 02:26 AM, Steve wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thanks for this.  There were actually a lot of silly bugs in the code. Too
> many to go into here, but the main one I haven't fixed is the caps code:
>
> This doesn't work,
>
>>       gst_element_link_many( videotee, monitorqueue, colorspace,
> videosink,
>> NULL );
>>       gst_element_link_many( videotee, filequeue, NULL );
>>
>>       // Create caps stuff
>>       GstCaps *caps;
>>       caps = gst_caps_new_simple ("video/x-raw-yuv",
>>     "framerate", GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 10, 1,
>>     NULL);
>>       gst_element_link_filtered (filequeue, encoder, caps);
>>       gst_element_link_many( encoder, filesink, NULL );
> But this does:

You probably want to include a videorate element before the capsfilter.

gst_element_link_many( videotee, filequeue, videorate, NULL );
gst_element_link_filtered (videorate, encoder, caps);
gst_element_link_many( encoder, filesink, NULL );

Before you miss something that adjust to the rate you want to select by using a caps filter. Also it would be a good idea to check the return values from gst_element_link_*. That would hae told you ...

Stefan