Using playbin2 causes high CPU load on embedded system

stuart68 stuart68 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 18:35:14 PDT 2011

Going back to the flags used by playbin2 I now have:

flags=0x122               // I decode audio only

As suggested in an earlier post by stopping playbin2 doing the audioconvert
and audioresample the CPU load is now directly comparable to that of the
manually configured pipeline.

The flags that made the big difference are:

GST_PLAY_FLAG_NATIVE_AUDIO
GST_PLAY_FLAG_NATIVE_VIDEO

I still have issues with audio formats of 24bit\88.2khz and above. These are
not played back gaplessly.

My audio sink is external to playbin2 and sync is set to false.

Stuart