Accessing video RGB data

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Oct 19 01:16:23 PDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 04:11 PM, Sami Pietilä wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found the property value "synchronous" from documentation:
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-ximagesink.html
oh my. This is confusing. I pushed a patch to make the purpose more
clear. But as it already says - its only for debugging. Calls to the
xserver will be synchronous instead of the default (async). This help to
debug eventual problems talking to the XServer and identifying which
call failed.
> I don't quite understand the documentation, why doesn't it have "sync" listed?
Because it comes from a super class (GstBaseSink). There is no way a
static documentation can fix this :/ You need to traverse up the class
hierarchy and check the super classes too. I wish this could be done
better in the docs ...

Stefan