How to destruct a pipeline??

akaChella durgas1987 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 02:41:02 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have 2 pipelines. One is to play the video file locally and the other is
to play the video and stream the audio.

I am constructing one of the pipeline at a time and is working fine.

Now i want to destroy the pipeline whatever has been constructed previously
(say pipeline 1) and want to create the other pipeline (pipeline 2) during
run time.

I have used gst_deinit() to destroy the pipeline.

and then initialised the gstreamer using gst_init() and later constructed
the other pipeline.

But everytime it says, it is unable to construct the source element. i.e,
gst_element_factory_make () returns -1.

Any idea on this issue???