Invalid property's type for a controller at runtime: `G_VALUE_TYPE (value) == self->priv->type' failed

Rossana Guerra guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:12:45 PDT 2011

Hi I trying to control the position property of a smptealpha element. It
controls the opacity of the alpha channel, it varies from 0.0 to 1.0.
The duration of this setting is 500ms.

I am working around this problem, it happens at runtime, I can't figure out
what it's wrong.

Thanks and regards,

Rossana

Here's the code;
_____________

gst_interpolation_control_source_set: assertion `G_VALUE_TYPE (value) ==
self->priv->type' failed

// Agrego Controlador

  gdouble duracion = 500;
  GstController * ctrl = gst_object_control_properties(G_OBJECT(smpte),
"position",NULL);

  if (ctrl == NULL)
  {
        GST_WARNING ("No puede controlar el elemento fuente\n");
        return 0;
  }

  // Todo valor GValue debe inicializarse en 0
  GValue val_double = { 0, };
  g_value_init (&val_double, G_TYPE_DOUBLE);

  // Seteo modo de interpolacion

  GstInterpolationControlSource * csource =
gst_interpolation_control_source_new();

gst_interpolation_control_source_set_interpolation_mode(csource,GST_INTERPOLATE_LINEAR);

  // Seteo primer valor
  g_value_set_double(&val_double, 0.0);
  gst_interpolation_control_source_set(csource,(0 *
GST_MSECOND),&val_double);

  // Seteo segundo valor
  g_value_set_double (&val_double, 1.0);

gst_interpolation_control_source_set(csource,(duracion*GST_MSECOND),&val_double);

  gst_controller_set_control_source (ctrl, "position", GST_CONTROL_SOURCE
(csource));

  g_object_unref (csource);
  g_value_unset (&val_double);