Get v4l2src width and height before pipeline runs?

wally_bkg wb666greene at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 13:34:45 PDT 2011

Up to now I've been setting caps with a specific width and height needed for
our table driven image processing algorithm and using videoscale to force
the pipeline to that size (640x480) at the appsink.

The algorithm's original author visited recently and his recollections and
insights have allowed me to remove that restriction.  This has exposed the
fact that I don't know how to get the width and height caps until the
pipeline is running, at which point its effectively too late.

Is there a way to get the results of the caps negotiation before the
pipeline is running?