Get v4l2src width and height before pipeline runs?

wally_bkg wb666greene at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 12:10:30 PDT 2011

Edward Hervey wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Caps negotiation is *always* done before any data passing happens.
>   i.e. your element's pad setcaps function will be called before any
> call to the chainfunction.
>
>   If you haven't implemented a pad setcaps function ... there's your
> problem :)
>
>     Edward

I'm using appsink and appsrc, not a custom element.
I guess that could be the problem.  The goal is to use gstreamer
and as much of its "automation" as possible.

What I'll probably do is re-write the video capture front end to be v4l2
(libv4l2) code and dispense with the appsink.  I've already used some v4l2
code to set the norm (NTSC) and select the input (Composite) as the
gst-tuner interface has not been reliable across the six types of capture
devices I have to test against.

Thanks, seems you've confirmed my fears.