udpsink

Ivan Zoli ivan.z at tiscali.it
Fri Oct 28 05:08:31 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am streaming an h.264 video from an embedded system to PC.

The pipeline is something like (I miss some properties to be more concise):

gst-launch v4lsrc ! my_h264enc ! queue ! h264parse ! rtph264pay ! \
   udpsink port=5334 ip=192.168.20.1 ts-offset=0 sync=false async=true
max-lateness=1000000000

The connection is made using an RNDIS driver (Ethernet over USB).
All if fine, but if the cable is disconnected before killing the pipeline,
I have a lock in executing

gst_element_set_state(my_pipe, GST_STATE_NULL);

I have no return from this function, unless I connect back USB cable.

I'd like to avoid this block, because I can recognize that user
has disconnect the USB cable so I'd like to destroy the
pipeline, in a better way than kill the application.

Thank you

Ivan