[Req] Gstreamer that works with Media Control Framework in >= v2.6.39

James angweiyang at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 19:58:36 PDT 2011

Dear all,

May I know if there is a new or alternative gstreamer (streaming)
application that is Media Control Framework-aware/compatible that runs on >=
Linux 2.6.39 kernel?

I'm using Gumstix's Overo with Chestnut + 4.3" LCD Touchscreen + MT9V032
camera as my development setup.
The kernel I'm currently running is 2.6.39.

Using Laurent's media-ctl and yavta, I've managed to validate the snapshot
operation of capturing individual frame into raw binary file.
What I need is the continuous capturing and displaying to the LCD screen for
immediate playback to the user.

Previously using 2.6.34 (from Gumstix site), I could run

export DISPLAY:=0.0
gst-launch v4l2src ! xvimagesink

where MT9V032 is /dev/video0

Any help is much appreciated.