Please help with filter caps.

Garth Tissington gtissington at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 18:45:13 PDT 2011

Hi

I'm a gstreamer newb.. would appreciate any advice on this one.

I have a Logitech c910 web ca connected to a debian 6 machine.

GUVCview can use it at 30/1 fps, w=1920 h=1080.  Picture is beautiful and
real time.  I just can't get the caps filter right to do the same from
gst-launch.

1)    gst-launch v4l2src ! xvimagesink

This works...  the image is about 720p I think but frame rate is about 5fps

2)    gst-launch v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv, framerate=30/1, width=640,
height=360 ! xvimagesink

This works pretty well.  Size and frame rate appear to be correct.

3)    gst-launch v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv, framerate=30/1, width=1280,
height=720 ! xvimagesink

This pipeline reports:     v4l2src0: Could not negotiate format

Now, I kind of get why.  Because this camera will only deliver 720p30fps in
MJPEG format.

However, I've tried everything I an think of and I just can't get the caps
filter right.

How can I connect to the web cam in higher resolutions with mjpeg format?

Thanks for your help.

Garth