Is it possible to incapsulate uncompressed image in an RTP stream? Protocols for uncompressed multiple-images video?

Mauro Brenna malloblenne at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 00:35:54 PDT 2011

Hello,

for a specific application I would like to stream uncompressed images
as video stream.
The images can be:
- in bayer/raw format, RGB (565, 888 etc.), YUV (420, 422 etc.), all
uncompressed
- of different resolutions and at different framerate

Is there a standard protocol, possibly a realtime one such as RTP,
where can I encapsulate the images without compression?
Is there a standard video container, such as AVI, for uncompressed
images, which add only few information to the images, without
manipulating them? (e.g., I need only to send an header, then the
image and a trailer in order to detect the video stream at the other
end).

Which are the filters of the gst-launch pipeline that can be useful to
that purpose?

Thank you in advance,

Mauro