[SPAM (Keyword)] - Re: Application Using Gstreamer

Wesley J. Miller WMiller at sdr.com
Mon Sep 19 11:22:55 PDT 2011

I don't understand.

If you make a new pipeline for each client, each client will have to be connected to its new pipeline and you'll have a new connection.

How will you detect the client request?  Using GstRtpBin?  Some sideband connection?

Do you mean you want to use multicast?  You clients could hook up with out you having to do anything so long as they're in the multicast group.

BTW, I mean have the RtspServer at the end of your intermediate app.  The server would receive the stream you send in from your streamer machine and broadcast it for you  with full control and smarts about your clients.

And I emphasize full control.  Just pumping data out has no way of knowing when the client goes away.   You'd be wasting lots of machine cycles on dead clients.   Your client should at least use a GstRtpBin element.

Have you considered something like a wowza server?

Wes