Using DirectFB as video sink

Krosh Ivanov krosh.ivan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:31:43 PDT 2011

Hi,
I'm trying to use DirectFB as a video sink by using the element
dfbvideosink, but it doesn't work well. The following error is showed
as soon as I run the command "gst-launch videotestsrc ! dfbvideosink":

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0: Could not
negotiate format
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2787): gst_base_src_start ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0:
Check your filtered caps, if any
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

The same error is showed if I try "gst-launch videotestsrc !
ffmpegcolorspace ! dfbvideosink". Is it a bug of dfbvideosink element?
I see there are other people that got this error by using the same
command, but I didn't found a solution for that yet.

Best regards,
Ivan