how to force GstBaseParse to lost sync

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 03:12:27 PDT 2011

Hi,

I would like to force ac3parse to resync
(see gst_ac3_parse_check_valid_frame, sync word) somewhere in the stream.

I looked into GstBaseParse code and it seems to depend on
"parse->priv->discont".

And it seems there are 2 ways:

* call gst_element_set_state(ac3parse, GST_ELEMENT_READY) to call
"gst_base_parse_reset" to set discont to TRUE. (then back to PLAYING)
* push a GST_EVENT_FLUSH_STOP on the source pad connected to the sink pad of
ac3parse.

But those 2 solutions are also reseting every stuffs in ac3parse whereas I
just would like to resync. (I would like to make
GST_BASE_PARSE_FLAG_LOST_SYNC return TRUE).

Is it already possible ? Or it needs some dev ?

Sincerely
Julien