R: How to get new plug-ins into the repo?

fabrizio gennari fabrizio.ge at tiscali.it
Mon Sep 26 02:57:38 PDT 2011

(first of all, sorry for the double post, I didn't expect the message
"awaiting moderator approval" to be approved...)

> Link to the repo?

It can be browsed online at http://wav-prg.git.sourceforge.
net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=wav-prg/gsttap;a=summary

>Is it a library, or a
self-contained plugin?

It is 3 plug-ins. 1 is self-contained, and
contains reader and write for the TAP file format, and a frequency
converter. The other 2 are called gsttapenc.so and gsttapdec.so, and
depend on external libraries: respectively libtapencoder.so and
libtapdecoder.so. Both these libraries are LGPL, and can be built from
the source at http://sourceforge.net/projects/wav-prg/files/audiotap/1.
6/libtap-1.6-source.zip/download .

>What license is the code under?

LGPL

>Usually your best bet is to make a patch against gst-plugins-bad
and one
>against gst-plugins-base for the typefinder, and put it in
bugzilla.

I'll post the typefind patch. About the rest, it will be
some work to add it to the gst-plugins-bad tree, as it is now in its
own tree (created starting from gst-template).

Regards,
Fabrizio

----