Automatically freeing old groups in decodebin2

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 01:58:09 PDT 2012

On Mi, 2012-04-04 at 10:53 +0200, david.corvoysier at orange.com wrote:
> Thank you for your quick answer. I will look at the patch and may
> come back to you (also depending on whether it is worth going down
> that path knowing there may exist an alternative as pointed in your
> other email).

The alternative (doing something like hlsdemux) also involves triggering
the group handling code in decodebin2 (removing/adding pads all the
time). It will only be much easier to use the generic hlsdemux code as a
base for a DASH plugin because it already handles all the hard stuff...
and it will also be preferred upstream if all the HLS/DASH/etc protocols
are implemented with the same base class and the same way.

So these are two independent issues and the decodebin2 issue is
something that must be fixed in any case.