Veeery strange behavior, your help is very appreciated

Matteo Pampolini matteo.pampolini at selexelsag.com
Wed Apr 4 09:33:11 PDT 2012

Hello there, again Matteo from Italy.

I'm running GStreamer gst-launch application on Windows with all the
sources built with MinGW 32. Pipeline is very simple, I'm just showing
an MPEG4 video coming from an IP camera:

gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location=<RTSP URL> ! queue ! rtpmp4vdepay !
ffdec_mpeg4 ! d3dvideosink

Everything went fine with 0.10.35 series, i.e.: gstreamer and plugins
base 0.10.35, plugins good 0.10.30, plugins bad 0.10.22, gst ffmpeg
0.10.13, most important CPU load is around 3%.

Then I upgraded to 0.10.36 series, i.e.: gstreamer and plugins base
0.10.36, plugins good 0.10.31, plugins bad 0.10.23, gst ffmpeg 0.10.13
and CPU load now is around 27%, but this is not sistematic. I mean, it
can happen (rarely) that CPU load is around 3% as above, but very often
it goes up to 27%. With further Investigations with Process Explorer I
found out that in the worst case there's one thread that consumes up to
24% of CPU, while the rest goes normally. Since rtpmanager calls
occurred often in the stack trace, I decided to recompile it with MSVC
to get functions information and then the very strange behavior: with it
CPU load is always OK, around 3% with no chance to reproduce the issue.

Frankly speaking I have no idea of what's happening, may you please help me?

Many thanks in advance,

Matteo